I’d love to be in Bollywood: Justin Long
Just days after news broke that Hollywood star Drew Barrymore will be flying down to India to shoot a Bollywood film, her ex-boyfriend, Justin Long, the star of blockbusters like
Die Hard 4.0
He’s Just Not That Into You
, reveals that he is planning to visit the country himself.
“I’ve always wanted to go to India and have been planning a trip since quite some time,” reveals Long, in an exclusive interview. “So I’m finally doing a trip and hope to be there within the year. I love your food and culture and can tell you all the good Indian restaurants in LA!”
And while on the trip to India, the actor says he’d love to fish around for Bollywood roles too. He jokes, “I don’t even have to play the guy who gets the girl if there’s an opportunity to work in a Bollywood film. I’ll play a dancing monkey or the gay best friend who wears colourful capes — that’s how much I’d love to be in Bollywood!”
The actor, whose sharp comic timing has earned him rave reviews, now hopes that his upcoming rom com,
Going The Distance
, opposite Barrymore, would do the trick. “The great thing about the movie is that it isn’t a formulaic rom com,” he says. “Rom coms have somehow got a stigma attached to them now, but this one doesn’t have outrageous broad setups like in the typical movies. It has a very real, honest story where every scene is a good mix of comedy and drama. I connected to it and that’s why I was comfortable doing it.”
Long adds that another reason why he felt that the role wasn’t a “huge stretch” from guy comedies he is known for, is because of the improvisations the movie, which releases on October 1, allowed him.
“The director, Nanette (Burstein) thankfully realised that the movie was blessed with great improv actors like Drew, Christina (Applegate), Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis, and it would have been a crime to not allow them to be unhinged,” he chuckles. “So there are a lot of natural, authentically funny moments in the movie that have come from improv dialogues.”
About Justin Long
Justin Long is an American actor best known for his roles in Hollywood films
Die Hard 4.0
He’s Just Not That Into You
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.