I was told by Kwan rep to be seen at Karan Johar’s parties to make a comeback, says Suchitra Krishnamoorthi
Actor Suchitra Krishnamoorthi has addressed the controversy around alleged drug nexus in Bollywood and the silence of leading stars on it. Suchitra, who made her debut with Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, also spoke about the advice she received from the representative of a celeb management company about making her comeback.
“Bollywood is largely silent on most things except when it becomes an I-scratch-your-back-and-you-scratch-mine-scenario,” Suchitra said as she spoke about the lack of any leading face speaking about the issue. She also claimed that when the film industry displays its social conscience, it is ‘agenda-driven’.
Suchitra was speaking to India Today TV. Talking about her own experience with Kwan, she said that she was told to make appearances at Karan Johar’s parties if she wanted to make a comeback in films. “As I was talking to the book agent, this lady who also handles acting, she said that ‘ma’am why aren’t you acting’ and so I said my daughter is too small, and we will see. She said ‘no ma’am it’s easy and you just have to do a few things to come back into the limelight because you are too silent. One of the main things is that you need to be seen at Karan Johar’s parties’.”
Suchitra said she was dismayed that young stars allowed themselves to be led by such reps. Kwan’s CEO Dhruv Chitgopekar was summoned by the NCB on Wednesday for questioning in the case. Earlier, Kwan’s talent manager Jaya Saha has been questioned and employee Karishma Prakash, who is Deepika Padukone’s manager, was asked to join probe. The NCB had also summoned Shruti Modi, former business manager of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, to join the investigation as well.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.