Kangana Ranaut refuses to miss fitness routine during coronavirus lockdown, works out in Manali. Watch
Kangana Ranaut is in hustle mode, even as she spends quality time with her family in Manali, amid the coronavirus pandemic. The actor, who put on 20 kilos to look convincing as former Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa in Vijay’s Thalaivi, must lose all the weight before she begins shooting for Sarvesh Mewara’s Tejas and Razneesh Ghai’s Dhaakad.
Kangana’s team took to their official Instagram handle to share glimpses of her training hard in Manali. “Training never stops for #KanganaRanaut who is working out with her trainer, @siddharthasingh1810 in Manali during #coronavirus quarantine. Fun Fact: Sid has trained Kangana during Rangoon and Tanu Weds Manu, and she trains with him whenever she’s Manali,” the caption read.
While Kangana plays an Indian Air Force pilot in Tejas, she will be seen as a spy in Dhaakad. Both films are high on action and require her to be at her fittest.
Kangana was shooting for the last leg of Thalaivi, but was forced to take a break after all shoots were stalled due to the coronavirus outbreak. She returned to Manali to spend time with her family during the lockdown.
Rangoli Chandel, Kangana’s sister and manager, was overjoyed by the actor’s return. Rangoli shared pictures of her son Prithvi with Kangana and wrote, “Massi has just landed in Manali and Prithu is too thrilled to get some chocolates, after all this Corona fellow isn’t all that bad because of Corona now our baby girl will be with us for her b’day.”
Kangana will be seen as late politician J Jayalalithaa in her next release, Thalaivi. In a statement, she said, “I am honored to portray such a strong lady. Her personality was very different from anything I have portrayed earlier. It’s very gratifying to play someone who was so determined, persevered but had a silent strength which distinguished her from everyone else.”
Produced by Vishnu Vardhan Iduri and Shaailesh R Singh, Thalaivi is slated to hit the theatres on June 26.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sunny Leone, in a new video shared on Instagram, gave a glimpse into her journey from being boycotted at awards shows and facing criticism to professional success and personal happiness.
- Madhuri Dixit took to social media to wish her son Ryan as he turned 16. She also posted pictures of other family members on the occasion.
- Ananya Panday took to social media to share pictures of her grandmothers and celebrated them on the occasion of International Women's Day.
- Amitabh Bachchan took to social media to wish all his fans on International Women's Day. He also said everyday was Women's Day, in his eyes.
Women’s Day Special | Ekta Kapoor, Guneet Monga and Tahira Kashyap Khurrana: We just want to create better opportunities for women
Bobby Deol: Have never given importance to awards, my father’s been a legend, didn’t get a single Best Actor award
Anupria Goenka: There are many stereotypes attached to women even today in our workplace, pay disparity being one
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba on Sunday shared a cute and never-seen-before picture of Taimur Ali Khan. See it here.
- Alia Bhatt is already in birthday spirits. She took to Instagram and revealed she has received a bunch of gifts from director Shashank Khaitan.
- Taapsee Pannu was recently in the news for the I-T raids carried out at her property in Mumbai. The actor has now revealed how her family had reacted to the searches.