Karan Johar cheekily calls Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor ‘rab ne bana di jodi’. See their reaction here
The Akash Ambani-Shloka Mehta pre-wedding festivities in Switzerland’s St Moritz have been the talk of the town for the last couple of days. Pictures of many Bollywood celebrities showing up at the bash have been making the rounds on Internet.
In the latest video, we can see Alia and Ranbir smiling embarrassingly as Karan Johar cracks a joke about them being ‘rab ne bana di jodi’. In the said video, Karan, Alia, Ranbir and Brahmastra director Ayan Mukherji are standing onstage. As Karan congratulates the soon-to-be married Akash and Shloka, he says: “We have to say that rab ne bana di jodi... and I wasn’t talking about Akash and Shloka...I was talking about Ranbir and Alia because clearly wedding season is on and we are just getting inspirational because you never know when Ranbir... woh kabhi bhi haath se ja sakta hai.”
In another video, Ranbir takes to the mike to congratulate the duo and wishes them a “world of love and a beautiful life together”.
The three-day gala event saw Shah Rukh Khan, Alia, Karan, Ranbir, Aamir Khan, Disha Patani, Sagarika Ghatge among others as they gathered in the Swiss city, where winterworld-themed carnival had been created for the occasion. International artists like Chainsmokers and Coldplay also performed at the function.
In some videos that were online, Shah Rukh was seen dancing on stage with Akash and Shloka as Coldplay’s Chris Martin performed at the do. In another video that has surfaced online, Aamir was seen dancing to his hit song, Aati Kya Khandala.
Akash and Shloka will tie the knot on March 9 at Mumbai’s Jio World Centre. A party will be hosted at the same venue on March 10, followed by a reception on March 11.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A picture of Ajay Devgn on the set of Alia Bhatt's Gangubai Kathiawadi was shared online. Also in the picture is director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Neena Gupta plays an old woman and Arjun Kapoor is her grandson in the Kaashivie Nair film Sardar Ka Grandson that premiers on Netflix soon.
- Neena Gupta has said she did not want Masaba to go to Goa with friends. The senior actor also went to Goa and stayed separately, only to receive a call from her daughter as she cried.
- Disha Patani is in awe of rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's dancing abilities. Sister Krishna Shroff agrees too. See here.
- Raveena Tandon took to her Instagram to show off daughter Rasha Thadani's achievement, as she teenager earned her blackbelt in Taekwondo. See her post here.
- Speaking at a comedy show, Farah Khan says her friends often 'put her to work' as soon as she enters parties, asking her to render a few dance steps.
- Richa Chadha has said that she has found an equal partner in boyfriend Ali Fazal who cooks well, works out with her and is progressive.
- Anurag Kashyap's daughter Aaliyah received support from her Insta-fam after she wrote about receiving hate comments for a recent post, in which she shared pictures of herself in lingerie.