Mithun Chakraborty turns 67: Son Mahaakshay says dad cooks for family on birthday
On his birthday today, veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty has planned to rustle up a storm in his kitchen. And his son, actor Mahaakshay aka Mimoh, says their family is looking forward to the delicious spread the 67-year-old is planning.
“Dad maintains a low profile and doesn’t enjoy parties. On his birthday, he prefers spending time at home and cooking for us. He is the best chef in the world. His biryani is to die for,” smiles Mahaakshay, adding that his father doesn’t stop at making just one dish; he cooks a full course. “From starters to main course to dessert, he prepares the entire spread. Dad can cook a lot of cuisines. He is the master chef of India.”
Looking back, Mahaakshay shares that their extended family also looks forward to the meal prepared by Mithun. “Our cousins also visit our house on his birthday as no one wants to miss his food.”
Ask Mahaakshay about how he plans to surprise his father this year, and he tells us that Mithun doesn’t accept gifts. “Dad says he is too young to accept gifts. He jokes that he is still in his twenties,” says Mahaakshay, breaking into a laugh.
As the chat veers towards learnings from the veteran actor, his son gets emotional, and says, “He is my hero. He has taught me everything... What’s right and wrong!”
Mahaakshay shares lesser-known facts about dad Mithun
— He enjoys cooking, is great at it, and can prepare a variety of cuisines.
— He is a good farmer, businessman and agriculturalist. He can bargain really well and knows the deals to pick, where to invest etc. His understanding of profits, property is unmatchable.
— He enjoys serving people. He calls himself a public servant. Dad says ‘Do well, help others, but never discuss your charity’.
— He never discusses work at home, and prefers keeping personal and professional life separate.
— He is a good astrologer, and has studied the science. All his predictions have been correct.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan dropped a new picture with a friend and upped her glamour game. She is currently in New York.
- Actor Vidya Balan has said that it has taken her time to accept her body because, at one point in her life, she used to hate it.
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.