Neena Gupta credits father for helping her raise Masaba as single mom: ‘He was my backbone’
Actor Neena Gupta has credited her father for helping her raise daughter Masaba Gupta as a single parent. Neena was moved by a contestant’s performance on the singing reality show Indian Idol 11, when she made the comments.
She said, “My father played a very important role in raising my daughter, he especially shifted to Mumbai to help me. I cannot express how thankful I am to him. He was my backbone during the most crucial time of my life.”
The contestant, Rohit Raut, was also raised by a single parent. Neena added, “I don’t know what to say after such a marvellous performance and I feel so lucky to watch such a great performer live.”
Neena has spoken about the difficulty she faced having Masaba out of wedlock with cricketer Viv Richards. She told Mumbai Mirror in a recent interview, “I would not have a child outside marriage. Every child needs both parents. I was always honest with Masaba, so it did not affect our relationship, but I know she suffered.”
Masaba is a popular fashion designer now, and Neena often wears her creations. Recently, she posted an Instagram picture of herself, and proudly said that she was wearing her daughter’s designs. “Masaba has helped me break some taboos, like wearing off-white with white or sneakers with a fancy gown. She’s given me the confidence to carry off stuff, which looks nice. It’s important that you are not embarrassed when you try something new,” Neena said in the Mumbai Mirror interview.
The actor was seen recently in Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan. She reunited with her Badhaai Ho co-stars Ayushmann Khurrana and Gajraj Rao.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.