Of injuries, hardships and more: Sushant Singh trained for 150 days for MS Dhoni
The much-awaited biopic on Indian ODI cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni hits theatres on Friday.
Before you decide to plan your weekend movie, the producers have made one last attempt to woo audience to the theatres. They have released a training video that showcases all the hard work spanning 150 days that went into the transformation of Sushant Singh Rajput into MS Dhoni for the film’s lead role.
Sushant even injured his ankle while trying the helicopter shot on the first day.
“On the first day, by the end I got that helicopter shot. After the shot I realised I was in pain, I had got hairline fracture so I was on a two-week leave. Now I can do the helicopter shot nicely,” he had earlier said.
Former Indian wicketkeeper Kiran More coached Sushant for the biopic while he watched videos to incorporate Dhoni’s body language and style to perfect his act.
MS Dhoni - The Untold Story is directed by Neeraj Pandey and produced by Fox Star Studios and Inspired Entertainment. The film features Sushant Singh Rajput in the leading role as Dhoni, Kiara Advani as Sakshi Dhoni, Disha Patani and Anupam Kher.
Watch Sushant’s training video here:
Watch MS Dhoni trailer
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.