MS Dhoni: The Untold Story will get the widest Bollywood release in history
MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, the upcoming Bollywood biopic on the country’s star cricketer-skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, will get one of the widest releases in 4,500 screens across 60 countries, according to its makers.
Vijay Singh, CEO of Fox Star Studios, who are also producers of the biopic, said in a statement: “MS Dhoni: The Untold Story is going to be the widest release for any Indian film in India and internationally. It will also be the widest release for a Hindi film (dubbed) in Tamil and Telugu.”
However, “given the unprecedented demand for the movie worldwide, and the deadlines to deliver the film in all the languages, the Punjabi and Marathi language release will not happen”, Singh shared.
“The movie will be the biggest ever release in terms of screen count in India and simultaneously in 60 international countries too, making it the widest (Indian) release worldwide,” he added.
Arun Pandey, who has produced the Neeraj Pandey directorial under the Inspired Entertainment banner, is happy with the buzz around the movie, which stars Sushant Singh Rajput as the reel Dhoni.
“We are pleased to inform that the film will be the widest ever release for a film in India and worldwide with it releasing in 60 countries. We wanted to release our film in Marathi and Punjabi too. However, given the deadline to make the widest ever release happen in the history of Indian cinema, we are not being able to get the Marathi and the Punjabi versions ready in time.”
“This is the first time a movie is releasing so wide, so we were not able to calculate the physical time it takes to make all the dubs happen,” Arun Pandey explained.
The film will hit the screens on September 30.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.