Pataakha song Balma has rustic charm of Vishal Bhardwaj’s Omkara. Watch here
Filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj on Tuesday unveiled the first song from his new film, Pataakha, starring Radhika Madan and Sanya Malhotra. The song, titled Balma, showcases the confrontational relationship between the two protagonists, who happen to be sisters at odds with each other.
The song has been sung by Rekha Bhardwaj and Sunidhi Chauhan, composed by Vishal and with lyrics written by Gulzar.
Pataakha, a comedy-drama about two sisters, Badki and Chhutki, is based on an acclaimed short-story by renowned writer Charan Singh Pathik.
Vishal, however, was supposed to begin a film with Irrfan earlier this year before the actor had to head to London for his treatment. The director ultimately put the film on hold.
When asked about it, he said, "I don't know about the film's status. I can tell you my heart's status and it is that we all are praying for him. Obviously I'm missing him as a friend but also as an audience. I want to see him on screen again, whether it's my film or someone else's."
Featuring Sanya Malhotra, Radhika Madan, Sunil Grover and Vijay Raaz Pataakha releases on September 28. It was previously reported that Malaika Arora will perform a special dance number for the film.
With agency inputs
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shraddha Kapoor turns 34 on Wednesday and to celebrate we are revisiting the time she told her father, Shakti Kapoor, how proud she was of him.
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.