Prakash Jha opens his multiplex with Singham
Prakash Jha's forthcoming Aarakshan doesn't feature Ajay Devgn, so the filmmaker opened his newly-constructed mulitplex in Patna three weeks in advance to accommodate his favourite actor's new film Singham.
Cinepolis, the four-screen cineplex, which is located in Patliputra Industrial Area in the capital of Bihar, started screening Friday with Singham, which is directed by Rohit Shetty.
Ajay featured in Jha's directorial ventures Ganga Jal, Apaharan but their relationship reportedly soured after the release of Raajneeti where many felt that the actor didn't get a good deal in terms of role. Things got so bad that Ajay opted out of Aarakshan.
Jha was earlier planning to open his cineplex with Aarakshan, which is releasing on August 12. Work was undertaken on a war footing to ready the multiplex for Singham screening and Jha is happy.
"I am glad Ajay's film opened my theatres in Patna. He has always been very important to my career and is also a very dear friend. Aarakshan can come later. Right now I'm just happy to see Singham doing so well in my theatres," said Jha.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.