Pune court summons Akshaye Khanna, Section 375 producers for portraying cops and legal profession in bad light
A Pune court has issued summonses to actor Akshaye Khanna and two producers of upcoming Bollywood movie Section 375 directing them to appear before it on September 9 on a petition filed by a lawyer seeking the stay on its release. Referring to the teaser of the movie released recently, petitioner Wajed Khan contended that it will create a “wrong impression” among rape survivors and they will not approach police to register a case.
He also claimed that a scene from the teaser has portrayed the legal profession in bad light and “maligned” the image of lawyers.
Civil judge R H Nathani on Monday issued suit summons to Khanna, producers Kumar Mangal Pathak and Abhishek Mangal Pathak and asked them to appear before it on September 9. “In one of the scenes, a male police officer is seen taking statement of a rape survivor in open in a police station and in court also, the rape victim is seen giving answers to vulgar questions of a lawyer,” the petition said.
Khan stated that such scenes from the teaser will create a wrong impression among rape survivors and they will not approach police to register a case. “A scene from the teaser also portrayed the legal profession in bad light and maligned the image of lawyers,” he said.
The petitioner requested the court to stay the release of the film, which is slated to hit the screens on September 13. “After admitting my petition, the court summoned the actor and two producers, and asked them to appear before it on September 9,” he said on Monday.
Watch Section 375 trailer here:
Section 375, starring Akshaye and Richa Chadha, is an upcoming courtroom drama based on Section 375 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). The IPC section defines rape as “sexual intercourse with a woman against her will, without her consent, by coercion, misrepresentation or fraud or at a time when she has been intoxicated or duped, or is of unsound mental health and in any case if she is under 16 years of age.”
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.