Ranveer Singh goes full-throttle Bollywood as he pays tribute to Will Smith. Watch video
Ranveer Singh is a huge star but the fan in him will never die. He showed his love for actor Will Smith by posting a video on himself in the Men in Black mode, but with an interesting twist. In a video clip, shared early on Thursday, he does some Bollywood-style moves to the beats on Men In Black track.
Dedicating the song to Will Smith, Ranveer wrote in Hindi: “Big wali style.” In the video, not only is Ranveer dressed in a black suit and dark glasses, the background too looks like a cheap space setting with cutouts of aliens and extraterrestrial life forms appearing every now and then. Not to be missed are Ranveer’s pelvic thrusts, reminiscent of the ‘90s style Govinda dance moves.
The Hollywood actor shot the episode when he visited India earlier this year. He even shot for the retread of song Radha Teri Chunri with the cast of Student of the Year 2, which will also feature in the show. In the clip, Will was heard saying that he accidentally hit somebody while practising for the ‘flute sequence’ in the song. He said: “I don’t know who it was but I elbowed someone very hard while getting the flute up.”
In a report in Mumbai Mirror, a source has said, “He shot for the episode, which also features his interactions with Student of the Year 2 ( SOTY 2) actors Tiger Shroff, Tara Sutaria and Ananya Panday on their film’s set, at a Juhu pub with Ranveer Singh and Karan Johar. It will conclude with Will’s understanding of the industry based on his personal encounters.”
Ranveer has been busy shooting for his next film, ‘83, a Kabir Khan directorial. He also launched an independent music label called IncInk earlier this month and unveiled its first song, Zeher by Kaam Bhari.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.
- Irrfan Khan's son Babil got a detailed message from the actor's The Namesake co-star Kal Penn who said that he wasn't sure how to get in touch with the family to share his love and gratitude.
- Sara Ali Khan has shared a few adorable pictures with cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (daughter of her aunt Soha Ali Khan) and the two have been called ‘cuteness queens’ by the internet.
- Ranveer Singh's sister Ritika Bhavnani celebrated her birthday on Saturday and the entire Bhavnani family came together to celebrate the occasion by stepping out for a family dinner.
- Actor Ameesha Patel took to her social media accounts on Saturday to seemingly address reports that she'd defrauded a businessman.
- Genelia D'Souza once teased sons Rahyl and Riaan about Riteish Deshmukh's 'new girlfriend'. She said that the boys got rather 'upset' with him over the joke.