Ranveer Singh loves Deepika Padukone’s ‘gharelu’ avatar, calls himself the husband of the millennium
Ranveer Singh is in high spirits these days as his latest film Simmba draws closer to the Rs 200 crore mark. The actor looked super excited as he arrived like a king while waving to the crowd form the sunroof of his car at the success bash of the film. On the personal front too, Ranveer is in a happy state of mind and has been praising his wife Deepika Padukone in all his interviews. In a recent interview with Famously Filmfare, Ranveer can be seen calling her ‘gharelu’ and how he just loves this side of hers.
The actor who wears his heart on his sleeve says in the interview, “She is so gharelu...I love it...I love it.” He can also be seen singing praise of himself by saying, “I am telling you I am going to be the husband of the millennium. I am going to glide and breeze through it.”
The small clip also shows him talking about flirting as he says, “Having a polite conversation with a person for a moment is not flirting.”
Watch | Simmba success party: Ranveer Singh dances from car’s sunroof
The actor is overwhelmed after working with Rohit Shetty in Simmba. The film got good response from the critics and continues to hold fort ever since it hit the theatres on December 28. Simmba is Ranveer’s highest opening film as well. Talking about the film, the actor says, “Everything I was born to do, I have done in Rohit Shetty’s film from running at high speed, dialogues, fights to larger-than-life projection from a low angle on a huge canvas.”
Ranveer has also made a few visits to the movie theatres to witness the reaction of the audience. He was recently spotted by the paparazzi with his face covered with a muffler at the Gaiety Galaxy movie theatre.
The actor is now gearing up for the release of his next flick Gully Boy. He plays a rapper in the film based on the life of rapper Divine. The film has been directed by Zoya Akhtar and stars Alia Bhatt as the leading lady.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.