Rhea Chakraborty dedicates post to Sushant Singh Rajput ahead of Dil Bechara release: ‘The hero of my life’
Actor Rhea Chakraborty remembered her late boyfriend, actor Sushant Singh Rajput, ahead of its last release. She shared a post on Friday, hours before Sushant’s final, posthumous release, Dil Bechara.
Rhea called Sushant ‘the hero of my life’ and said she knew he, too, will be watching the film with everyone else. “It will take every ounce of strength in me to watch you You are here with me , I know you are ....I will celebrate you and your love, The Hero of my life ..I know you will be watching this with us,” she wrote.
Dil Bechara is an adaptation of John Green’s popular novel The Fault In Our Stars. It stars Sushant in the lead with Sanjana Sanghi and is directed by Mukesh Chhabra. The film will release at 7.30 PM on Disney+ Hotstar.
Rhea and Sushant were in a relationship for over a year but never confirmed it to their fans. Rhea received hateful comments and even death threats from Sushant’s fans after his death by suicide on June 14. Rhea broke her silence on the same through an Instagram post. “I was called a gold digger ..I kept quiet. I was called a murderer ....I kept quiet. I was slut shamed ....I kept quiet. But how does my silence give you the right to tell me that you will get me RAPED and MURDERED if I don’t commit suicide,” the Jalebi actor wrote on Instagram while sharing the screenshot of one such rape threat post.
Rhea also asked the home ministry to launch a CBI investigation into the death of Sushant. “Respected @amitshahofficial (Amit Shah) sir, I’m Sushant Singh Rajputs girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty, it is now over a month since his sudden demise. I have complete faith in the government, however, in the interest of justice, I request you with folded hands to initiate a CBI enquiry into this matter. I only want to understand what pressures prompted Sushant to take this step.Yours sincerely Rhea Chakraborty#satyamevajayate.”
Rajput was found hanging in his Mumbai residence on June 14. Chakraborty and Rajput were set to share screen space in director Rumi Jaffery’s romcom.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.
- Alia Bhatt is ready for summer and her latest Instagram post is a proof of it. Alia was seen soaking up the sun, leaving Katrina Kaif impressed.
- Akshay Kumar shares a picture from the script-reading session of Ram Setu with Jacqueline Fernandez and Nushrratt Baruccha.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who recently welcomed her second child with husband Saif Ali Khan, reciprocated the love that was showered on her by his sister, Saba.
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.