Saif Ali Khan, Sonam Kapoor lead Bollywood in coronavirus awareness video. Watch
With the coronavirus pandemic rapidly spreading in India, eminent personalities from different fields came together for a video creating awareness about the preventive measures to control the spread of the virus.
Actors Saif Ali Khan, Sonam Kapoor, Ananya Panday, Boman Irani, Kajal Aggarwal and Sharman Joshi, singers Sonu Nigam, Shankar Mahadevan and Shaan, composer Ehsaan Noorani and designer Manish Malhotra featured in the public service announcement video. Politician Shashi Tharoor, cricketer Rahul Dravid, tennis player Mahesh Bhupathi, chefs Sanjeev Kapoor and Vikas Khanna also appeared in the clip.
In the video, the celebrities talked about the seriousness of the coronavirus crisis, calling it a “global war”, and appealed to people to remain indoors, maintain hygiene and practice social distancing.
The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in India have risen to 1637, with 38 deaths till now. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a 21-day nationwide lockdown in an effort to keep the transmission of the virus in check.
Meanwhile, the film and television industries have been severely hit by the coronavirus outbreak. With theatres across the country closed, releases are indefinitely stalled. All shooting and production activities have been completely halted, and there is a crunch in episodes of daily soaps.
Trade analysts told Hindustan Times that Bollywood could face losses of more than Rs 1300 crore due to releases and shoots being stalled.
Daily wage workers of the film and television industries, including light boys, spot boys, set workers, sound assistants and junior artistes, have also been affected by the coronavirus outbreak. However, several big names from the industry, including Salman Khan and Ajay Devgn are contributing towards their immediate relief.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Irrfan Khan's son Babil got a detailed message from the actor's The Namesake co-star Kal Penn who said that he wasn't sure how to get in touch with the family to share his love and gratitude.
- Sara Ali Khan has shared a few adorable pictures with cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (daughter of her aunt Soha Ali Khan) and the two have been called ‘cuteness queens’ by the internet.
- Ranveer Singh's sister Ritika Bhavnani celebrated her birthday on Saturday and the entire Bhavnani family came together to celebrate the occasion by stepping out for a family dinner.
- Actor Ameesha Patel took to her social media accounts on Saturday to seemingly address reports that she'd defrauded a businessman.
- Genelia D'Souza once teased sons Rahyl and Riaan about Riteish Deshmukh's 'new girlfriend'. She said that the boys got rather 'upset' with him over the joke.
Akshay Oberoi: Acting is not a sport or a game, you’re just competing with yourself and your last performance
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.