Sara Ali Khan says it’s ‘strange, weird, amazing’ to be Sharmila Tagore’s granddaughter, often wonders ‘Oh my God, that’s my dadi!’
Actor Sara Ali Khan has said that in her opinion, her grandmother Sharmila Tagore is ‘the first star’. Sara said that she often finds herself in disbelief that she’s related to such an illustrious personality.
In an interview, Sara said that she considers herself to be lucky to have a grandmother like Sharmila. “She is very warm. She is amazing. She epitomizes dignity and grace. And she’s also an extremely maternal and loving grandmother,” Sara said.
She told The Times of India, “If I watch Aradhana, and Mere Sapno ki Rani, I’m like, ‘Oh my God, that’s my dadi!’ Like, are you serious? Because she’s just superb, you know, she’s a star. I think she’s the first star in my opinion. So sometimes it’s almost confusing for me, like, really that lady is my grandmother! You know, it’s weird. It is very strange. But, I mean, she’s amazing. And I’m very lucky to have her in my life.”
Sara comes from a long line of performers. Her father, Saif Ali Khan, in a recent appearance on Jacqueline Fernandez’s podcast, spoke about his family. He said, “My mother’s been doing films since she was 16. She worked with Satyajit Ray a lot, and did about four or five movies with him. She was his muse, and he thought of her as the ultimate female representation of his art.” Saif continued, “My sister is kind of in the movies, my wife, my ex-wife as well... So all of us. My daughter, my elder son wants to be an actor, and I think Taimur will be an actor for sure, he’s entertaining us already.”
Sara made her debut in 2018 with Kedarnath. She followed it up with Simmba and Love Aaj Kal. She was last seen in Coolie No 1, and has Atrangi Re, with Akshay Kumar and Dhanush, in her kitty.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Several Bollywood celebrities such as Karan Johar; Riteish Deshmukh and his wife, Genelia; Sussanne Khan; and Neelam Kothari Soni, were spotted at the birthday party of Ekta Kapoor's son, Ravie.
- Bobby Deol's wife, Tanya, once recalled the story of how the actor made moves on her by calling her in the dead of night, only to be ignored.
- A picture of Khushi Kapoor and her cousin, Shanaya, taking dance lessons, is being widely shared online.
- Masaba Gupta has thanked her mother, actor Neena Gupta, for keeping her grounded. "I have seen kids who are really bad at what they do, being told that they are kings and queens," she said.
- Actor Varun Dhawan, who recently tied the knot with Natasha Dalal, has hinted that photographer Rohan Shrestha might soon get married, too. Rohan is rumoured to be dating Shraddha Kapoor.