Shah Rukh Khan to play Yash Chopra in filmmaker’s biopic? Yash Raj Films denies rumours
Yash Raj Films has quashed rumours of a biopic being made on late filmmaker Yash Chopra. It was being reported that Shah Rukh Khan is being considered to play the lead.
In their official statement, YRF said, “There has been a lot of speculation about Aditya Chopra planning to make a biopic on his late father, the legendary Yash Chopra. We can officially tell you that this news is absolutely untrue and a figment of imagination. This is a baseless rumour. There are absolutely no plans to make a biopic on Yash Chopra ji.” As per a Bollywood Hungama report, Aditya Chopra has been ‘seriously considering’ making the movie.
Earlier this week, Yash Raj Film celebrated 50 years of making movies. In a special note to mark the five-decade-long journey of the production company which was set up by Yash Chopra in 1970, Aditya Chopra credited the welcoming nature of the Indian film industry for their success. Aditya said the secret of the studio’s continued relevance lies in those who have been a part of the journey -- from actors, directors, writers, choreographers to every crew member and the audience.
YRF’s first film was the 1973 drama Daag: The Poem of Love starring Rajesh Khanna, Sharmila Tagore and Rakhee. It was both directed and produced by Yash Chopra in his debut as a producer. The same year, the banner released Kabhie Kabhie and Kaala Patthar, both featuring megastar Amitabh Bachchan in lead. In the 1980s, Sridevi and Rishi Kapoor-starrer Chandni was the biggest success for YRF and it was followed by a decade full of blockbusters such as Darr and Diwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, which marked Aditya Chopra’s directorial debut and cemented Shah Rukh Khan’s position as the king of romance.
In the 2000s, YRF produced films like Veer-Zaara, Chak De! India, Tiger Zinda Hai, Sultan and War.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.