Tusshar Kapoor turns producer
Soap-queen-turned-film-producer Ekta Kapoor’s younger brother, actor Tushaar Kapoor will flag off his production company Tushar Kapoor Motion Pictures early next year.
The actor confirms and says, “I’m producing Sagar Bellary’s Double Jhol in which I play a double role. There’s also director S Manasvi’s next which is a romantic film. I have already read Sagar’s script.”
Wonder why Tusshar flagged off his company when his sister runs two, Balaji Telefilms and Alt Entertainment, already? “I want to have creative control and make the kind of films that I like. This was the best way to do that. I prefer to be independent. I’ve bought a bungalow close to my parents’ house Krishna in Juhu, but I still haven’t moved in to it,” says Tusshar.The actor asserts that he’s well versed with film collections, distribution channels, marketing strategies and production work. "I’m often asked for advice on films being produced under Balaji Telefilms or Alt Entertainment. The creative call, however, remains with the directors of the company. So, I have some experience too," says Tusshar who has completed shooting for Rohit Shetty’s Golmaal 3 and Neeraj Vora’s Run Bhola Run.
He’s shooting for his first Rajshri production, Love You Mr Kalakar, and working on promotion strategies for Balaji’s Shor that releases towards the end of this year.
Search is on
Meanwhile, Tusshar is also looking for medium budget scripts, directors and staff for his company, which will operate from the Balaji Office in Andheri or from his new bungalow in Juhu.
Wouldn’t that create
confusion between his sister Ekta and him? “No way,” he says. “As a producer, I’d like to invest out of my pocket at the outset which assures me complete control over my films. I will produce a couple of films in association with Balaji for emotional reasons.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.