War box office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff film is 2019’s highest grossing Indian film worldwide, here are all records it has broken
Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff’s War, with over ₹430 crore in the bank, is the year’s highest grossing Indian film worldwide, and among the top 10 highest grossing Bollywood movies ever.
With over ₹430 crore in the bank, Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff’s War has become the highest grossing Indian film of 2019, overtaking Prabhas’ Saaho. The bulk of the film’s earnings have come domestically.
According to Box Office India, War has made ₹433 crore worldwide, with over ₹400 crore coming from India. That’s enough to make the action thriller the biggest Indian film of the year, and also among the top 10 highest grossing Bollywood movies of all time. War has beaten the likes of Vicky Kaushal’s Uri: The Surgical Strike and Shahid Kapoor’s Kabir Singh to also become the highest grossing Bollywood film domestically.
Previously, it was reported that Prabhas’ action film Saaho had crossed the ₹400 crore mark worldwide, but because of that film’s massive budget, it was still considered a financial disappointment.
War’s ₹433 crore total is far ahead of the number two highest grossing film, Kabir Singh, which has made ₹380 crore worldwide, and Uri: The Surgical Strike, which has made ₹360 crore. Salman Khan’s Bharat has made a little over ₹300 crore, and Akshay Kumar’s Mission Mangal has made ₹277 crore.
Also read: War success party pics: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff celebrate their film, Vaani Kapoor showers Disha Patani with kisses
Here are five major box office records War has broken till now...
1. War breezed past Kabir Singh’s ₹278 crore total to emerge as the biggest hit of 2019.
2. War crossed lifetime business of Sultan and Padmaavat to emerge as the seventh highest domestic earner of all time.
3. It is the biggest Bollywood opener ever. It collected ₹51.60 crore in Hindi version and ₹53.35 crore in all languages on the day of its release, dethroning Avengers: Endgame from the top spot.
4. It recorded the highest opening weekend of 2019 with collections of ₹166 crore.
5. The film is YRF’s Biggest All Time Opener. It is also the fifth film to cross ₹100 crore in 3 days after previous blockbusters - Dhoom 3, Sultan, Tiger Zinda Hai and Thugs of Hindostan.
Reacting to the success, Hrithik called the feat ‘absolutely sensational’. “I’m delighted that our labour of love, blood and sweat has created so many milestones during the course of its run at the box office. It is absolutely sensational that War has entered the ₹300 crore club but what’s truly phenomenal is that this film has redefined action films and action genre forever in India,” Hrithik said.
Tiger said: “It is such a huge team effort from the ADs to the whole crew, to the cast, to Hrithik Sir, to Sid, to YRF, everybody worked so tremendously hard and I think I am very happy especially for the team for what they have pulled off. Thank you to all our supporters, to all Hrithik sir’s fans, all my fans, to all fans of the action genre and of commercial cinema.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more