Personal Agenda: Tusshar Kapoor, actor
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 22, 2019-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Personal Agenda: Tusshar Kapoor, actor

Personal Agenda: Tusshar Kapoor, actor

brunch Updated: Jul 27, 2013 17:40 IST
Veenu Singh
Veenu Singh
Hindustan Times

November 20

Sun sign


Place of birth



University of Michigan

First break
Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai (2001)

High point of your life
Release of my first film

Low point of your life
The day I was leaving my family for the first time to go abroad. I felt really lonely

Currently doing
Acting in Bajatey Raho

A classic film you’d have liked to be a part of.
Caravan (1971).

The best thing about your father, Jeetendra.
He is a very patient and very positive person.

Actor Tusshar Kapoor

Your favourite Jeetendra film.

Farz (1967).

What is interesting about Bajatey Raho?

It’s got people from different genres acting together. Some from commercial cinema and others from off-beat films.

If you weren’t an actor, you would have been...

Either a producer or a distributor. I’m also interested in the business of Bollywood.

The song that explains your current state of mind.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears.

The one thing you’d like to unlearn?

The art of analysing and criticising a film, so I can watch a movie as a member of the audience and not an actor.

The biggest risk you have ever taken.

I’m producing a film soon.

One piece of advice you wish someone had given you 10 years ago.

To be as fit as I am today.

What is the difference between Ekta, the sister and Ekta, the producer?

As a sister, she’s very protective and emotional. As a producer, she has calmed down.

How difficult was it to play your character in the Golmaal series?

For the first film, it was difficult. I sat through a workshop to perfect it. But for the second and third films, I got used to it and just rehearsed on the sets.

You have three minutes to pack. What do you take with you?

My iPad, phone and clothes.

Your fitness funda.

Only 25 per cent of the battle is won in the gym. The remaining 75 per cent is in the kitchen.

Your strategy in a crisis.

To be calm and take one thing at a time.

Your mantra for success.

To never give up. Success is not in your hands, only your efforts are. So keep trying.

The last line of your autobiography would read…

“I’ll be back.”

My movies

The films you have watched more than five times?
The Dirty Dozen, Jaws, Ghost.

The most paisa-vasool film?
The Hunger Games.

The most overrated film.
Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby.

The first movie you watched on the big screen?
I think it was Naseeb.

Your all-time favourite Hindi movie.
Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam

From HT Brunch, July 28

Follow us on
Connect with us on

First Published: Jul 26, 2013 16:04 IST