Salman Khan motivated me to get back to showbiz: Bobby Deol
The actor talks about coming back to films, the bliss of married life and moreUpdated: Jul 21, 2018 20:56 IST
- Date of birth: January 27
- Sun sign: Aquarius
- Place of birth: Mumbai
- School/ College: Jamnabai Narsee School/ Mithibai College, Mumbai
- High point of your life: Facing the camera for the first time as a seven-year-old, when I played the young Dharmendra in Dharam Veer (1977)
- Low point of your life: The three years of my life when I felt stagnated and disappeared from films
Who motivated you to get back to showbiz?
Salman Khan. He said to me: “Everyone goes through a bad phase and it’s okay to look up to others for support.”
What’s your social media platform of choice?
I quite enjoy Instagram and find it good to connect with my fans.
And trolls… how do you handle them?
I simply choose to ignore them as whatever they say doesn’t affect me.
The best thing about being Sunny Deol’s brother is...?
He is a father figure and is very protective. When I had signed my first film, he had taken a break from his own work to concentrate on my launch.
Your favourite co-star is…?
What’s the best part about being married?
The support and trust built over the years, which then turns into a beautiful relationship.
Are you a romantic or a realist?
I’m a hopeless romantic!
Your three wardrobe essentials…?
A well-tailored suit, I quite like those from Blackberrys, a nice pair of sunglasses and a good fragrance.
Your strategy in a crisis is...?
There’s no strategy; I panic.
- Food: Homemade food. I love lauki
- Thing to do when no one’s watching: I like to sing
- Movie: Pratiggya (1975)
- Side of the bed: Right
- Hollywood actor:Robert Downey Jr.
Follow @VeenuSingh12 on Twitter
From HT Brunch, July 22, 2018
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch
First Published: Jul 21, 2018 20:54 IST