“Years ago, somebody turned up at my house in Kolkata asking to marry me!” Konkona Sen Sharma reveals her crazy-fan moment
The Lipstick Under My Burkha actor also talks about her mother, her son, and her love for François Truffaut!Updated: May 18, 2019 22:57 IST
If not an actress, what would you would have been?
I’d have been an extremely efficient secretary!
One myth about Bollywood that you wish to bust...?
Hard work pays off.
- Date of birth: December 3
- Sunsign: Sagittarius
- Place of birth: Kolkata
- School/college: Calcutta International School/ St. Stephen’s College, Delhi
- First break: My debut as a child artist in Indira (1983)
- High point of your life: Getting to direct my film A Death in the Gunj (2016)
- Low point of your life: Losing my dad
Who is your all-time favourite director?
And a fictional character you identify with...?
Several, across time and space, and gender! But Agastya from English, August (1994) was one of the earliest.
A song you can’t get out of your head...?
Lakhon Hain Yahan Dilwale from the film Kismat (1968).
What’s the craziest thing a fan has ever done for you?
Years ago, somebody turned up at my house in Kolkata asking to marry me!
What’s the cutest thing your son Haroon has done for you?
He stuck stars on my shower curtains to make me feel better.
What’s the one thing you can do better than your mother?
- Most used app: WhatsApp/Instagram
- Password protected app: None
- A YouTube video you’ve rewatched: Everybody dances to techno by Dot
- Notifications: None as most of my notifications are off!
- Favourite Insta filter: B&W film
One relationship advice your mother gave you...?
Keep your expectations low.
Love for you is…?
If you woke up as a man one day, you would…?
Grow a moustache!
Are you a romantic or a realist?
One thing that no one knows about you....?
I peel and chop garlic very well.
One thing you still remember about Delhi?
Early winter mornings!
Who is the last person you dial before you sleep?
There is a trusted circle :)
What’s your strategy in a crisis?
To switch off.
How do you de-stress?
From HT Brunch, May 19, 2019
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch
First Published: May 18, 2019 22:14 IST