5 killed, 15 injured in road accident in Rajasthan's Churu district
Five people including three women were killed and 15 others injured after a pick-up jeep they were travelling in collided head-on with a truck in Rajasthan's Churu district, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in Bhaleri area of the district on Sunday night, they said.
The pick-up jeep was headed towards Sardarshahar from Haryana when it collided with the truck, the police said.
The victims were going to the house of a relative who had passed away, they said.
The deceased were identified as Kalawati (65), Monu (12), Bhateri (62), Ramnarayan (38) and Sunita (32). The bodies were handed over to the family members of the deceased after post-mortem, the police said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The decision was taken in a review meeting chaired by chief minister Ashok Gehlot at his residence.
- The state has prepared a new bill, the Rajasthan Prisons Bill, 2021, taking inspiration from the model jail manual.
- Several states including Maharashtra, Kerala, MP and Punjab continue to record high number of Covid cases.
- The core committee meeting will be chaired by state party chief Satish Poonia.
- The Congress government in Puducherry collapsed on Monday after the motion of confidence moved by CM Narayanasamy was defeated.
- The latest contact with Islamabad on the issue came after Barmer MP and Union agricultural minister Kailash Choudhary spoke to officials in the Indian High Commission in Islamabad.
- The gold, whose market value stands at ₹27.29 crore, is lying in the treasury of the Udaipur collector.
- The highest rates of premium petrol amongst the above-mentioned district were recorded from Sri Ganganagar, where the price of a litre of petrol is at ₹103.59.