UP CM Adityanath says plans afoot to make Ayodhya major tourist centre
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath said the state government has prepared a plan for the expansion and development of Ayodhya as a major tourist centre in the country. The construction of Ram Temple has started at Ayodhya, he said.
The chief minister was speaking at a programme, Ram Mandir Nidhi Samarpan Abhiyan, organised in the Tilak hall of the Gorakhnath temple in Gorakhpur on Wednesday to raise funds for the construction of the Ram Temple.
Yogi said the Gorakhnath temple has a long association with the Ram Temple movement. Former mahants of the temple, Mahant Digvijay Nath and Mahant Avaidyanath, played active roles in the movement. Mahant Avaidyanath was chairman of Ram Janambhoomi Sangarsh Samiti, and under his leadership the temple movement turned into a mass movement, he said.
He called upon the people to donate with generosity for the construction of the Ram Temple.
A spokesperson of the Goraknath Temple Trust said it donated ₹50 lakh for the construction of the temple whereas ₹51 lakh was donated by Gorakhnath temple in Devipatan.
Over 40 traders and businessmen of the city also donated funds for the construction of the temple. They handed over donation cheques to the general secretary of Shri Ram Janambhhomi Teerth Kshetra and vice-president of Vishwa Hindu Parishad Champat Rai.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- UP State Electricity Consumer Council has opposed the corporation's proposal, arguing that the demand for change in slabs was an attempt to hike tariff through the backdoor.
- The accident took place at 68 Milestone within limits of Naujheel police station of Mathura district, said a police officer.
- Aparna Purohit was at Lucknow's Hazratganj police station for nearly four hours to record her statement in connection with the FIR over Amazon Prime Video's web series 'Tandav'.
- The proposal for naming the airport as Maryada Purushottam Shriram Airport would be sent to the Union government that would take a final decision
- Uttar Pradesh now has three international airports – Lucknow, Varanasi and Kushinagar.