'UP CM Covid Care Fund received 412 crore till July last year': CM Adityanath
The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister's Covid Care Fund received ₹412 crore through various sources last year till July 23, the state Assembly was told Tuesday.
"In the Chief Minister Relief Fund-Covid Care Fund, ₹412 crore was received through various sources including through the District Magistrates," the chief minister said in a written reply to a question in the state Assembly.
The question was asked by Samajwadi Party MLA Sanjay Garg who had sought to know about the amount received in the Chief Minister's care fund and the District Magistrates’ care fund between January1 to July 23 last year.
"Of the total amount, ₹252 crore was spent in different works including ₹169.75 crore for the purchase of medicines and equipment and infrastructure facilities, ₹83.07 crore in providing monetary relief of ₹1,000 per migrant to 8,30,745 eligible people in their bank accounts," the CM said in the reply.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Chaudhary claimed when Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the chief minister of Gujarat in 2011, he had written a letter to then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, demanding a law to guarantee minimum support price (MSP) to the farmers.
- UP chief secretary RK Tiwari also pointed out to the Australian envoy that UP has already established six nodes under the Defence Corridor for encouraging setting up of defence manufacturing industry.
- UP State Electricity Consumer Council has opposed the corporation's proposal, arguing that the demand for change in slabs was an attempt to hike tariff through the backdoor.
- The accident took place at 68 Milestone within limits of Naujheel police station of Mathura district, said a police officer.
- Aparna Purohit was at Lucknow's Hazratganj police station for nearly four hours to record her statement in connection with the FIR over Amazon Prime Video's web series 'Tandav'.
- The proposal for naming the airport as Maryada Purushottam Shriram Airport would be sent to the Union government that would take a final decision
- Uttar Pradesh now has three international airports – Lucknow, Varanasi and Kushinagar.