India vs Australia: Aaron Finch, KL Rahul share a laugh after Navdeep Saini’s lethal delivery - WATCH
The 2nd ODI between India and Australia saw a hilarious moment on the field when pacer Navdeep Saini tried to go for a yorker, but missed his line, and bowled a full toss to Australia captain Aaron Finch. The ball was completely missed by Finch, who was surprised by the speed, and it struck him on the stomach. The incident took place in the 12th over of the match when Finch and Warner were on their way to another scintillating stand.
Saini’s mistimed delivery saw Indian players rushing towards Finch to check up on him, as he looked in pain. The wikcetkeeper-batsman KL Rahul, who is in good terms with Finch, hilariously checked up on Finch by touching his stomach and making a joke.
In response, Finch took a jab at KL Rahul’s stomach and the duo started laughing on-field. The moment incited commentators to talk about how the intense rivalry between India and Australia has turned into friendly moments between the players from the two nations.
Steve Smith smashed his 11th ODI hundred as Australia posted 389/4 in 50 overs after Aaron Finch won the toss and elected to bat. Finch, David Warner, Marnus Labuschagne, and Glenn Maxwell scored half centuries each in Australia’s cause, as Indian bowlers struggled again in Sydney.
Meanwhile, India all-rounder Hardik Pandya bowled in top-flight cricket for the first time since returning from a back surgery more than a year ago, with his team under pressure against Australia, and he even got the wicket of Steve Smith.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India vs Australia: Ricky Ponting believes India's fight has got to end at some stage and expects Australia to have a crack at India on Day 5 of the Brisbane Test with all guns blazing.
- India vs Australia: Siraj’s 5/73 coupled with another fine piece of fast bowling from Shardul Thakur (4/61), helped India bowl Australia out for 294 in their second innings, which set India 328 to win.
- The swing bowler, who missed the Australia tour due to injury, is on a comeback and playing in the Mushtaq Ali Trophy T20 tournament.
- India vs Australia: Former batsman Ajay Jadeja has made a pretty bold claim, saying the free-flowing batting of one of India's batsmen from the current squad is probably the most effective he's seen by any India batsman since the legendary Kapil Dev.
- England's win over Sri Lanka was the 24th of Root's career, which puts him second on England's list of all-time successful Test captains.
- India vs Australia: Mohammed Siraj, playing only his third Test, finished with 5/73, which made him the first Indian bowler to claim a five-for at the Gabba since Zaheer Khan’s 5/95 in 2003.
- Mohammed Siraj, who had a promising start to his Test career with five wickets in Melbourne, led from the front and claimed his maiden five-wicket-haul in Tests.