Delhi: Two friends kill Class 9 student after an argument, dump body in park

The 13-year-old was allegedly stabbed repeatedly by his two friends, who also hit him with a blunt object and dumped the body in a park in southeast Delhi’s Govindpuri.

delhi Updated: May 19, 2017 10:30 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
New Delhi
A 13-year-old student was murdered by two of his friends after an argument.(Representational Photo)

A Class 9 student was allegedly murdered by two of his friends after they had an argument over a trivial issue.

The boys allegedly stabbed him repeatedly, hit him with a blunt object on his head and then dumped the body in
a park in southeast Delhi’s Govindpuri.

According to the police, the 13-year-old went out for walk with his friends on Wednesday evening and did not return home till late night.

His parents then started looking for him and his body was later found in a park by locals. He was bleeding profusely from his head and stomach and was rushed to the hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.

The police have registered a case of murder in the matter and have detained a juvenile for questioning.

“The victim’s parents informed us after he did not reach home till late night. They tried calling him repeatedly but he was not answering his calls. His father then gathered some locals and they all went looking for him. They went to the house of his friends and even the tuition centre he studied at. It is only later that a local found his body in an adjoining park,” a senior police officer said.

“His body has now been sent for a postmortem examination. It appears that he was stabbed repeatedly and then hit with a blunt object on his head,” he added.

The victim’s father gave a statement saying that he always objected to his friendship with the boys who were involved in cases of pick-pocketing.

“His father said that he had slapped him as he used to go out with those friends often. The boy even left his house in anger last year for two months after his father beat him up for not studying and roaming around with the boys. He however did not listen and continued to meet them. His father said that on Wednesday too he went to meet the same boys,” a police officer said.

“The other boy is still at large and a team has been formed to nab him as well,” said Romil Baaniya, deputy commissioner of police (south east).

First Published: May 19, 2017 08:20 IST