Member of Gogi gang held, 2 pistols seized
Police on Saturday arrested a 28-year-old man from Alipur in outer Delhi for his alleged involvement in 19 cases of murder, robbery, assault and possession of illegal arms.
Police said the man, who is an alleged member of criminal Jitender Gogi’s gang, was planning to eliminate members of a rival gang.
Identifying the arrested man as Deepak alias Monu, a resident of Alipur, police said he has multiple cases registered against him in Haryana and Delhi.
Two pistols were recovered from him following his arrest, police said.
A motorcycle, which Deepak was riding, was also found to be stolen from Ranjeet Nagar, police said.
Gaurav Sharma, deputy commissioner of police (outer-north), said that they received an input on Saturday that a member of the Jitender Gogi gang, who is involved in multiple cases, is scheduled to arrive in outer Delhi’s Alipur area.
“We laid a trap. On spotting the suspect, our team swung into action and arrested the man. On checking, we found he was carrying a loaded 9mm pistol and a countrymade pistol,” Sharma said.
On questioning, Deepak told police that he wanted to eliminate members of the Tillu gang to avenge the murder of his cousin, Arun Commando.
“Commando was also a member of Jitender Gogi gang. He was murdered last year,” the DCP maintained.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The CPCB report released on Sunday said that there are over 112 sites in India that are contaminated by toxic and hazardous substances.
- An infection is said to be endemic in a population when it is constantly maintained at a baseline level in a geographic area.
- The BJP dismissed the allegations as “baseless” and hit back, saying that the AAP should answer why the construction of the Signature bridge in north-east Delhi faced delays.
- Appropriate allocation of funds in this regard will be made in the upcoming Delhi budget that is likely to be presented this week, he added .
- In February that year, just before Holi, he went back to the Sadar Bazar trader with the water gun he had produced and also the Chinese one.
- Experts said such initiatives will ensure that the only continuous green space in the national capital is preserved.
- A host of functions to honour women have also been scheduled at different police stations and DCP offices.
- Adesh Gupta has also started ‘mandal pravas’ (stay in each municipal wards) to connect with the party workers and supporters.
- As part of the revamp, new CCTV cameras, with better technology for improved clarity, additional escalators, bird spikes to prevent tripping of the overhead electrification (OHE) due to bird menace, were also installed.
- The Panth Ratan Baba Harban Singh Ji Dialysis block in Bala Sahib hospital complex started treating patients from Sunday.
- Whatever, the two ascetics are buried next to each other, separated by a neem tree. For that reason, many consider the landmark as a twin shrine.