Cops in hot pursuit of killer land in hospital
Four police officers in hot pursuit of an alleged killer landed on hospital beds after their van was rammed by a truck in Dwarka on Saturday night.
The injured policemen, sub-inspector Sunil Kumar, head constable Nawab Singh and constables Kuldeep and Laxmi Chand, were bound for Sagarpur from the Chhawla police station in southwest Delhi.
“The policemen were passing by a traffic light in Dwarka Sector 16 around 10.40pm, when a speeding tempo rammed into their vehicle. Their van turned turtle because of the impact of the accident,” a senior police officer said.
The injured were immediately taken to a nearby hospital in a PCR van that was parked a few meters away, the police said.
“The truck driver, Ramashish, has been arrested and a case of negligent driving has been registered against him,” the officer added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As part of their investigation, police have till date arrested 1,753 persons, which includes 820 Hindus and 933 Muslims.
- The accused man, 30-year-old Sujeet Kumar, remains hospitalised and the police are waiting for him to recover before they pursue “suitable action” against him.
- A bench of justice Vipin Sanghi and justice Rekha Palli also asked the members of the striking union to not put under siege the municipal corporation or throw garbage on the streets.
- Manish Sisodia also interacted with students enrolled in the course to know their experiences.
- Jai Prakash, north Delhi mayor, said that all efforts of the municipal agencies this winter were focused to control local pollution sources.
- No Delhi police officer commented on the incident on record, but senior police officers aware of the development said on condition of anonymity that the two men who were on the target, are lodged in Tihar for their role in the northeast Delhi violence.
- Like several other curious onlookers, the boy too was watching the earthmover in action when the mishap took place, the police said.