Jan 2010 sets fog record
The Capital saw the worst fog of the decade this January. With three days to go, and only seven hours behind December 1998, which hold the record, January may even turn out to have been the foggiest month ever.
172 - Number of hours of fog in January 2010
168 - Number of hours of fog in January 2003
179 - Number of hours of fog in December 1998
43 killed in Delhi this month in fog-related accidents
2000 flights delayed
1200 trains delayed
700 of trains cancelled
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As part of their investigation, police have till date arrested 1,753 persons, which includes 820 Hindus and 933 Muslims.
- The accused man, 30-year-old Sujeet Kumar, remains hospitalised and the police are waiting for him to recover before they pursue “suitable action” against him.
- A bench of justice Vipin Sanghi and justice Rekha Palli also asked the members of the striking union to not put under siege the municipal corporation or throw garbage on the streets.
- Manish Sisodia also interacted with students enrolled in the course to know their experiences.
- Jai Prakash, north Delhi mayor, said that all efforts of the municipal agencies this winter were focused to control local pollution sources.
- No Delhi police officer commented on the incident on record, but senior police officers aware of the development said on condition of anonymity that the two men who were on the target, are lodged in Tihar for their role in the northeast Delhi violence.
- Like several other curious onlookers, the boy too was watching the earthmover in action when the mishap took place, the police said.