Security drill held at IGI airport
A security drill was conducted at the IGI airport here on Thursday to check the preparedness of security agencies in the wake of high threat perception at the airports.
The drill took place at Terminal 3 of the IGI airport when around 4pm CISF received information about some suspicious object being placed in the new terminal building, sources said.
CISF, Delhi Police and other agencies providing airport security were called in immediately and the drill was carried out successfully, he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An HT analysis of the profile of snatchers arrested in Delhi between 2018 and 2020 shows that more than 90% of those arrested were caught for the first time, and did not have any criminal record until then. Police registered them as “first-time offenders”.
- A pavement establishment rich in character.
- Additional sessions judge Amitabh Rawat questioned the police’s case as to how the offence of attempt to murder can be made out against accused Imran and Babu, when the victim himself is absent from the police investigation and has never been seen by the police.
- Under section 196 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC), the investigating agency has to take prior sanction from the state government to prosecute any individual for sedition.
- In a statement issued later, the Delhi government said the funds have been allocated for scholarships to SC/ST/OBC communities, Ladli Scheme, aid and equipment for children with special needs and for augmentation of library infrastructure in Delhi government schools.