Two women injured in fire
Nguyen Tsuhue, the Vietnamese national staying on the first floor of the building, suffered serious injuries while Baby Rani, hailing from Manipur, broke her legs and arms when she jumped from the second floor.Updated: Apr 12, 2008 22:59 IST
Two women, including a Vietnamese national, were injured when a fire broke out in a store room of a building in north-west Delhi, police said.
The blaze was reported in the ground floor of a house in Mukherjee Nagar at around 11 am. Causing serious burn injuries to two persons.
Nguyen Tsuhue (33), the Vietnamese national staying on the first floor of the building, suffered serious injuries while Baby Rani, hailing from Manipur, broke her legs and arms when she jumped from the second floor of the building to a neighbouring house.
Nguyen sustained 60 per cent injuries as she tried to rush out of the building, they said, adding she was admitted to LNJP hospital. She reached the capital only last week and Vietnamese embassy has been informed about the incident, they said.
Baby Rani, an MPhil from Delhi School of Economics, jumped into another building with her laptop to escape the blaze and got injured.
She was rushed to Vinayak hospital, they said, adding a case of negligence has been registered. Earlier, the fire brigade officials had given the identity of the injured as Narayan and Devirani.