Odisha to recruit 2000 more MBBS, BDS students in new medical colleges, hospital
Aiming at strengthening healthcare services in Odisha, the state government on Tuesday said it will recruit 2,000 more MBBS and BDS students for appointment in the upcoming medical colleges and peripheral hospitals.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, while announcing this here through video conferencing, said the nine new medical colleges should not face shortage of doctors and medical infrastructure.
The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has been asked to notify the appointment of doctors at the earliest, an official release said, adding, Patnaik has also directed officials to complete projects in the health sector in coordination with different departments.
The release added that the state has already launched a mega drive to develop SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack into a "world-class health care centre".
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Supreme Court on Wednesday imposed a hefty fine of ₹five crore on a medical college in Uttar Pradesh for illegally admitting MBBS students.
- The registration process for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test - Post Graduate (NEET-PG) examination 2021 began on Tuesday, February 23.
- The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has released the official notification for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test - Post Graduate (NEET-PG) examination 2021.
- Once the application process starts, interested and eligible will be able to apply for the WBJEE 2021 online at wbjeeb.nic.in on or before March 23, 2021, until 5 pm.
- As Karnataka government has decided not to reverse its decision to impose a 30% cut on tuition fees, more than 25,000 teachers, non-teaching staff and management members from several private schools in the state will take out a rally in Bengaluru on Tuesday.
- Bihar education department has allowed the resumption of regular classes for students of class 1 to 5 from March 1 onwards across the state.
- The Scindia School Gwalior, a Boys’ Boarding School, will conduct its entrance test (Scindia Aptitude Analysis) for academic year 2021-22 on Saturday, February 27.
- Delhi Nursery Admissions 2021: The online application process for nursery admission in Delhi schools for the academic session 2021-22 began on February 18, 2021.
- Prof Rizvi made a powerpoint presentation detailing the vision of AU for the implementation of the new NEP before the central university’s academic council during its meeting held in the law faculty's conference hall on Thursday.
- The admission process under the 25% Right to Education (RTE) quota for 2021-22 in Maharashtra will begin from next week, officials from the education department said.
- After the application process begins, interested and eligible will be able to apply for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2021 online at wbjeeb.nic.in on or before March 23, 2021, until 5 pm.
- GATE answer key 2021: Once the answer keys are released, candidates who have appeared for the exam will be able to check their answer key online at gate.iitb.ac.in.