IIM CAT 2018: Keep these points in mind as registration begins today
The registration process for Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 for admission to post-graduate management programmes will begin on Wednesday and close at 5pm on September 19.
Candidates applying for the exam, to be held on November 25 in two sessions in 147 cities, must visit the ‘CAT 2018 Eligibility’ section of the CAT website to ensure that they satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria.
The Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, is the organising institute for the exam this year.
Here are some points you should keep in mind before you apply for CAT 2018:
1) At the time of registration, you can choose any of the four cities as your examination centre. You will be allotted one of the four centres depending on the availability. If a candidate does not get any of the preferred cities, they will be allotted a nearby city.
2) You can download the admit cards from October 24, 2018, until the date of the test. The name of the test centre will be indicated on the admit card.
3) You should pay the registration fee through online payment modes only. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories have to pay a fee of Rs 950, while candidates from other categories need to pay Rs 1,900. SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration. Fee once paid will not be refunded. You need to pay the fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes you are applying for.
4) A tutorial to understand the test’s format will be available on the CAT website from October 17. There will be three sections — verbal ability and reading comprehension, data interpretation and logical reasoning, quantitative ability. Students will get 60 minutes to complete each section and they will have to complete one of them before proceeding to the next.
5) No change in the categories (SC, ST, OBC etc) of candidates will be entertained after CAT registration.