DU admission 2018: Over three lakh aspirants have already registered
DU admission 2018: The online registrations for admissions to DU’s undergraduate programmes are expected to close on Thursday, by 6 pm.College admissions 2018 Updated: Jun 23, 2018 16:01 IST
With less than two days until the online registrations for admissions to Delhi University’s undergraduate programmes close, approximately 3.5 lakh applicants have registered on the online portal, of which over two lakh applicants have completed their forms and paid the application fees.
The online registrations for admissions to DU’s undergraduate programmes are expected to close on Thursday, by 6 pm. As of 6 pm on Tuesday, 3,42,611 applicants had registered on the online admission portal, of which 2,15,687 had completed the forms and paid the registration fee.
Last year, when the registration closed, 3,30,567 people had registered on the online portal of which 2,21,309 had completed the forms and submitted it after paying the registration fees.
“The reason we have received more registrations this year, could be because we have a unified form for merit-based and entrance-based undergraduate programmes. Last year, around 30,000 students had applied separately for the entrance-based courses. So we may cross the number of applications we received last year,” said Gurpreet Singh Tuteja, the deputy dean of student welfare.
The previous year, applicants could also only fill one form with one Class 12 board roll number, thereby restricting duplicate forms. This year, however, the university had allowed students to fill multiple forms, but officials who wished to remain unnamed said that this may not have had an effect.
“Last year too, students may have found loopholes by varying their roll number slightly to work around the system. So impact of duplicate forms would be less than 5%, if at all,” said the official.
The university has also asked applicants who may have submitted more than one application to “retain only one correct successfully submitted application and cancel the remaining ones.”
In a statement issued by the registrar’s office, they have asked the applicants to do so latest by June 7.
Though the number of applications to be received may rise this year, the official added that it may not have a bearing on the cutoffs.
“The total number of forms we receive will not impact cutoffs. If we receive many forms from students who have scored over 90% or 95% then, it may impact it,” said the official.
This year, more students across India had scored over 95% in the CBSE class 12 exams, while fewer students had made it to this bracket in Delhi.