DU teachers write to V-C to start new courses from this year
A group of Delhi University teachers have written to the vice-chancellor, seeking his intervention in expediting the process for starting new courses in various colleges from the new academic session.
The teachers said that various committees had already inspected the infrastructure in colleges concerned and submitted their report to the standing committee on academic affairs of DU’s academic council. The teachers said starting these new courses will benefit at least 700-800 applicants.
“A number of colleges have applied for starting new courses. The process needs to be expedited so that the admissions to these
courses can take place from current session itself,” the letter said.
AK Bhagi, member of DU executive council, said a academic council meeting should be convened in which a nod can be given to the courses to start from this year. “In the common admission form only the name of the course is given and not that of college.
Therefore, admission can be granted on the basis of these very forms if introduction of these courses is allowed even now,” he said.
University officials said that the issue needs to be placed in front of academic council and executive council for approval before being given the go ahead. “We need to follow the due process. The standing committee has already deliberated upon it and whenever the academic council meets next, the issue of starting new courses is likely to be on the agenda,” said a DU official.
Sources, however, said that the new courses in various colleges are likely to be started from the next academic session as the admission process for this year is in its last leg and it will still take some time to get final approvals.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to soon release the answer keys of the JEE Main 2021 exam on its official website.
- Schools in Bihar are all set to commence regular classes for students of class 1 to 5 on Monday amid Covid-19 safety protocols.
- SSC CGL Tier-2 final answer key 2019: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CGL Tier-2 examination 2019 can check the final answer key online at ssc.nic.in on or before March 20, 2021.
- DHFWS Basirhat Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at basirhathealthdistrict.in on or before March 15, 2021.
- IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the IOCL apprentice recruitment 2021 online at iocl.com.