GATE 2019: GOAPS website slows down on last day to apply
The process of filling up the application for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2019 closes on Friday, September 21. Candidates who want to apply from tomorrow can do so by paying an increased fee. The last date to apply with the increased fee is October 1, 2018.
The application must be submitted online through GOAPS website appsgate.iitm.ac.in by paying the required application fee. All information regarding the application is available on the GOAPS website. GATE 2019 is being conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras this year.
Meanwhile, the gate website gate.iitm.ac.in and the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website appsgate.iitm.ac.in have become slow. It seems the websites are experiencing huge traffic due to last minute rush to apply by the aspirants.
The admit card will be released on January 4, 2019, for GATE 2019 to be held on February 2, 3, 9,10, The results will be announced on March 16, 2019.
A new paper of statistics has been added in GATE 2019 syllabus. Gate 2019 will be conducted in 24 papers and a candidate can appear only in one paper in any one session.
It is mandatory for students seeking admission or financial assistance to master’s programs and direct doctoral programs in engineering/technology/architecture and doctoral programs in relevant branches of science, in the institutions supported by the Union ministry of human resource development and other government agencies.
In some colleges and institutions, which admit students without the HRD ministry’s scholarship or assistantship, the GATE qualification is mandatory. Many public sector undertakings (PSUs) also use the GATE score in their recruitment process.
These PSUs include Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power Grid Corporation of India among others.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- State Bank of India (SBI) on Friday released the admit card for the specialist cadre officers (SCO) at its official website, sbi.co.in.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has invited online applications for recruitment against 241 Vacancies for the post of security guard. Aspirants can apply online till February 12 at rbi.org.in.
- As per the amendment, the total number of centres will not be increased more than 10% as compared to last year
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the results of Indian Economic Services/Indian Statistical Services written exam on its official website -upsc.gov.in. The written exam was held in October 2020
- Staff Selection Commision (SSC) on Friday released the final answer key of Convinced Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) 2019 tier 1 exam on its official website- ssc.nic.in.
- Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (CGBSE) on Friday released the exam schedule for its class 10th and 12th board exams. The schedule has been uploaded on the official website-cgbse.nic.in.
- MU is one of many higher education institutes across the country which chose to conduct convocation ceremonies virtually this year.
- Parents from across the state have written to the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) over issues pertaining to private schools in the state.