IITs, NITs to adopt National Highway stretches to study use of new tech, improvement prospects
The IITs, NITs and other reputed technology institutions across the country will now adopt stretches of the National Highway on voluntary basis and their faculties, researchers and students will use them as a field of study of the latest industry trends, according to Education Ministry officials.
The partner institutes will study improvement prospects in safety, maintenance, riding comfort, removal of congestion points and usage of new technologies on the adopted stretches and give suitable suggestions to the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) for consideration. “The institutes will also associate with the NHAI during conceptualization, design and project preparation of new projects and suggest the relevant parameters and innovations based on experience specific to the site climate, topography and resource potential for better socio-economic outcome,” a senior ministry official said.
The NHAI will offer internship to 20 UG and 20 PG students of the institutes per year. Duration of internship shall be two months per student. The internship will be at a remuneration of Rs 8,000 for undergraduate students and Rs. 15,000 per month for postgraduate students. “This initiative will also instil a sense of contribution in building local infrastructure among the student fraternity. NHAI will support the creation of lab infrastructure in the institute and may sponsor relevant research project that helps in using alternative resource material and improving quality of roads,” the official said. So far, 18 IITs, 26 NITs and 190 other reputed engineering colleges have opted for the scheme. Appropriate MOUs are being signed between the technology institutes and NHAI for the adopted stretches and so far about 200 institutes have already signed the MOU for implementation of the scheme. It is expected that more than 300 institutes offering civil engineering UG and PG courses will adopt the highway stretches all over the country, the official added.
“IITs, NITs and reputed technical institutes across the country, other AICTE approved engineering colleges, have associated with the NHAI to adopt nearby stretches of the National Highway on voluntary basis. The adopted stretches will be used as a field of study for the faculty, researchers and familiarize students of the institute with the latest trends in industry,” the official said.
“The partner institutes will study improvement prospects in safety, maintenance, riding comfort, removal of congestion points and usages of new technologies etc. on the adopted stretches and give suitable suggestions to NHAI for consideration,” the official added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The decks have been cleared for starting the recruitment process for filling 1,894 posts of principals and assistant teachers in 3,049 government- aided junior high schools across the state.
- This new centre would function as a not-for-profit centre dedicated to build requisite entrepreneurial skills among youths and equip them with the necessary capacity to take entrepreneurial ventures in their lives, he added.
- BSEB exams 2021: Bihar students alleged the state education board for playing with their future just for sticking to its exam calendar. Students also cried that unlike other education boards, BSEB has not reduced syllabus which has added to their woes.
- AP EAMCET 2020: The window to choose option of colleges for candidates who have passed the Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test 2020 (AP-EAMCET) has opened.
- The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) will conduct the Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services (Main) Examination -2020, commonly known as PCS (Main)-2020, from Thursday to January 25 in Prayagraj, Lucknow and Ghaziabad.
- Moradabad Association of Private Schools has put up posters of "no fees-no exams" outside the schools in the city.
- According to notification released, the 3rd phase of 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT-1) will be held from January 31 to February 12 for around 28 lakh candidates.
- IBPS PO Prelims scores 2020-21: Candidates who had appeared in the online preliminary exam to recruit PO) management trainees can check their results on the official website of IBPS.
- Institute of Banking Personnel on Wednesday declared the results and cutoff marks for PO/MT-X on its official website -ibps.in
- Board Exams 2021: The fact checking team of Press Information Bureau (PIB) has refuted the claims of a post circulating in social media regarding reduction of passing percentage in board exams 2021
- Allahabad High Court UP HJS Recruitment 2021: High Court of Judicature at Allahabad has invited online applications for recruitment against 98 vacancies of district judge (UP HJS).