Jabalpur varsity's visually impaired students get fee relief
The Rani Durgavati University in Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh on Tuesday decided to exempt visually-impaired students from paying fees charged under different heads, an official said.
The decision was taken to give relief to visually- impaired students, the University in charge registrar Dipesh Mishra told PTI, adding that it had exempted such students from paying examination fees in the past.
"The decision will benefit some 200 such students who are studying in private and government colleges affiliated to the university and those studying in university teaching departments. They will get exemption from fees charged under heads like registration, skill development, cultural and sports," he said.
The university covers Jabalpur, Katni, Mandla, Dindori and Narsinghpur districts.
Professor Arun Shukla of Government Mahakaushal Arts and Commerce College Jabalpur said it was the first university in MP to take such a step, and added that his college was not charging any fee from visually-impaired students since 2005.
The college was paying their fees to the university from the college funds. PTI COR ADU BNM BNM
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Saturday declared the final results of multi-tasking staff recruitment exam 2019 on its official website.
- SSC CPO final answer key 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CPO Paper 1 exam 2020 can check the final answer key along with the question paper online at ssc.nic.in.
- UPSC NDA and Naval Academy results 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the UPSC NDA and Naval Academy 2020 examination can check their results online at upsc.gov.in.
- UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment 2021 online at uppsc.up.nic.in on or before April 5, 2021.
- TNPSC CES Examination 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the TNPSC CES examination 2021 online at tnpsc.gov.in on or before April 4, 2021.
- "In today's cabinet meet, we have given approval to the constitution of a Delhi Board of School Education," said Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal.
- UPPSC Vetting Officer admit card 2021: Candidates who have registered for the UPPSC Vetting Officer screening exam 2021 can download their hall tickets online at uppsc.up.nic.in.
- JEE main results 2021: Once the results are announced, candidates who have appeared in the JEE Main 2021 February session examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.