MP schools for Classes 1 to 8 to remain shut till March 31: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that schools for Classes 1 to 8 in the state will remain shut till March 31 next year in view of the coronavirus pandemic.
He also said that no test would be conducted for the students of these classes this academic year and they would be evaluated on the basis of their project work.
The chief minister said this during a review meeting of School Education Department held on Friday.
“There will be no regular classes for the students of Classes 1 to 8 in the state till March 31, 2021. No test would be conducted for students of Classes 1 to 8 and they will be evaluated on the basis of the project work,” Chouhan was quoted as saying in a press release.
“Schools for Classes10 and 12 would resume shortly for the Board exams. But social distancing and other norms will be fully observed in the classrooms to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” he said.
Students of Classes 9 and 11 will be called to schools once or twice a week, Chouhan added.
Earlier, state School Education Minister Inder Singh Parmar had told PTI that the state has partially reopened schools from September 21 for Class 9 to 12 with limited students amid strict adherence to COVID-19 protocols.
He had said that the government might consider allowing more number of these students to attend classes gradually.
There are around 1.50 lakh schools, including private ones, across the state, officials said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions through a prescribed format on or before February 28, 2021.
- After the correction window opens, candidates who have registered for the JEE Mains 2021 will be able to make corrections in their application forms online at jeemain.nta.nic.in on or before January 30, 2021.
- Candidates who have registered for the typing test can download their admit card online at gjust.ac.in.
- Candidates who have appeared in the recruitment examination can take a print out of the final answer key online at ssc.nic.in on or before February 24, 2021.
- Candidates who have qualified in the IBPS PO Prelims Exam can download their admit card for IBPS PO mains online at ibps.in on or before February 4, 2021.
- Candidates who have applied for admission can check the AP EAMCET second phase allotment result 2020 online at apeamcet.nic.in.
- Patnaik had launched the "Mo School" campaign in November 2017 in response to philanthropic interest from alumni of schools of Odisha, residing in India and abroad.
- Universities need to explore the uncharted path and innovative methods when it comes to pedagogy, and playing the role of facilitators in a student's journey of finding their goals and preparing them for their future.