AUD starts admission processUpdated: Jun 08, 2011, 09:33 IST
AUD starts admission process
Admissions are on at Dr BR Ambedkar University, Delhi (AUD). A relatively new university, it is adding new courses to its offerings, including BA (H) in English, maths and sociology. It has introduced new masters’ in English, economics, history and sociology.
Students can do a three-year single major or four-year dual major (H) degree. They can choose the main discipline(s) after one year of study. The university offers courses from a number of disciplines along with the major discipline.
There are a range of career-oriented / special interest courses as well as special English language-enabling training opportunities.
It also has a single girl child scheme as well as the provision for lateral admissions from other institutions to its second year. The deadline for application is June 20.
Aspirants can apply for the following programmes:
. BA (H) with a major in economics
· BA (H) with a major in psychology
· BA (H) with a major in history
· BA (H) with a major in English
· BA (H) with a major in mathematics
· BA (H) with a major in sociology
· BA (H) in social sciences and humanities
· BA (H) with a dual major
· MA development studies
· MA economics
· MA English
· MA environment and development
· MA gender studies
· MA history
· MA psychology (psychosocial clinical studies)
· MA sociology
· MPhil Hindi/ history/ psychotherapy and clinical thinking
· PhD development studies/ ecology and environment/ education/ Hindi/ history/ maths/ sociology
More details on www.aud.ac.in
St Stephen’s to have new alumni executive
A new team has been appointed to the St Stephen’s College Alumni Executive by principal Rev Valson Thampu. In a meeting late Sunday, police commissioner Ved Marwah agreed to be president, chief election commissioner Dr SY Quraishi consented to be vice president, Perfect Relations co-founder Bobby Kewalramani was appointed secretary, senior civil servant Vijay Chhibber agreed to be treasurer and India Strategy Group-Hammurabi & Solomon Consulting LLP CEO Rohit Bansal made media advisor.