Recruitment of 2016 assistant professors for UP’s unaided degree colleges to begin soon
Uttar Pradesh Higher Education Service Commission (UPHESC) has begun preparations for recruiting 2016 assistant professors against vacant posts existing in 241 unaided degree colleges across the state.
The commission has already received requisitions regarding the vacant posts from the colleges and is now busy selecting the private agency that it would partner with for conducting the recruitment exam, said officials.
Once the agency gets finalised, the formal advertisement of the recruitment process is expected to get issued by the last week of December or the first half of January 2021, they added. The 2016 posts would include 803 general category posts, 571 reserved for OBC candidates, 441 for SC candidates, 17 ST and 184 for EWS category candidates, they explained.
The recruitment for 2016 posts of assistant professors in unaided degree colleges would be undertaken for a total of 44 subjects. These include Economics, History, English, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science, Commerce, Law, Education, Physics, Home Science, Hindi, Sanskrit, Zoology, Geography, Psychology, Music Singing, Military Science, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry and Dairy, Land Conservation, Botany, Crop Science, Sociology, BEd, Agricultural Engineering, Biochemistry, Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Botany, Plant Pathology, Physical Education, Entomology, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Genetics and Plant Breeding, Ancient History, Urdu, Statistics, Music (Sitar), Music (Tabla), Agriculture statistics, painting, Geology and Asian Culture.
UPHESC secretary Vandana Tripathi said that before the advertisement is issued for the recruitment process, the syllabus of the recruitment exam is to be revised as the last revision of the syllabus had taken place only in 2014. There is also another issue that needs to be settled first. When the directorate of higher education had sent the requisition for 2016 posts of assistant professor to the UPHESC, it had mentioned that the horizontal reservation be fixed by the commission at its level. “According to the set norms, horizontal reservation can be decided at directorate level. A letter in this regard has been written to the directorate by us and subsequently two reminders have also been sent. As soon as the reply comes, we plan to issue the advertisement,” said commission secretary.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Most of the top positions were bagged by girls.
- The Himachal Pradesh committee of the Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) will hold a statewide strike on March 9 for the appointment of Anganwadi workers in the pre-primary classes.
- On Sunday, teachers from different colleges also alleged that they have not been paid regular salary since 2019 and said that nearly 1,200 teachers at these colleges were finding it difficult to make ends meet.
- Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education on Monday declared class 12 annual 2020 (Regular) Kashmir division results in which 82% students passed.
- JEE main result 2021: After the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the entrance examination will be able to check their JEE main results 2021 online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- JKBOSE class 12 results for Kashmir division: Students who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 12 board examination can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.
- JEE main result 2021: Once the results are out, candidates who have appeared in the JEE Mains 2021 February session exam will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the final answer key of JEE main February 2021 examination.
- Over 6.88 lakh candidates have applied for UPPSC's combined state/upper subordinate services examination 2021, commonly known as PCS exam, and assistant conservator of forest /range forest officer services examination 2021, say UPPSC officials.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to soon declare the results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 first session exams.