'Role of school management committees will be amplified in post-COVID era'
The role of school management committees (SMCs) will be amplified in the post-COVID era with a focus on bridging the gap between parents and schools, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said on Monday.
"We will focus on amplifying the role of SMCs in the post-Covid era, and bridge the gap between parents and schools further," Sisodia said during the inaugural session of the Delhi Education Conference which began here on Monday.
The conference which will conclude on January 17, will see 22 education experts from India and seven other countries, who will discuss the public education systems around the world.
These include experts from India, US, Finland, England, Germany, Singapore, Netherlands and Canada.
"In the last five years, we have achieved a lot of success in creating excellent infrastructure of schools, teachers training and improved results of children. But the real success will be when every child leaves the school with a passion to do something for their country and commit to driving a change. They should be conscientious human beings entering the workforce," Sisodia said.
"The ultimate goal is to transform the society. To have citizens who're committed patriots with an entrepreneurial mindset and will contribute to the country," he added during a panel discussion on 'School Education Reforms in Delhi'.
During the conference, a report on Delhi government's education reforms was released by the Boston Consulting Group.
The report claimed that over 95 per cent parents and teachers believed that the quality of education has improved in Delhi government schools leading to an increase in parent engagement by reinforcing their faith in the public education system.
Initiatives like 'Chunauti' and 'Mission Buniyaad' that empowered the students t the grassroot level by involving teachers and parents alike, strengthening the SMCs, increased parent engagement, teacher professional development, and enabling head of schools are some of the initiatives outlined in the report that positively shaped the system.
The panel discussion was followed by Lucy Crehan's keynote lecture.
Crehan has written a book titled 'Clever Lands' after studying the education system of five countries deeply.
"No education system becomes top performing, let alone equitable, by focusing on educating just a minority of students to high levels. Teachers need to have autonomy regarding when they need to teach and what they need to teach. Only then can the children keep pace with the classroom teaching," she said. PTI GJS RHL
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) on Saturday released the IIFT-MBA (IB) admit card for the session 2021-23
- Bihar School Education Board will on Saturday declare the Simultala Awasiya Vidyalaya (SAV) class 6th prelims entrance exam result. Candidates who have appeared for the SAV class 6th prelims entrance exam on December 17 will be able to check their results online at secondary.biharboardonline.com
- UPPCL JE Recruitment: Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL), department of energy, UP has released a recruitment notification for the post of junior trainee engineer (civil). There are a total of 21 vacancies.
- UPPSC Calendar 2021: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) on Friday released its UPPSC Calendar 2021 PDF on its official website at uppsc.up.nic.in.
- JEE Main 2021: The online application window for Joint Entrance (Main) Examination 2021 will close on Saturday, January 16. Aspirants who have not yet submitted their application forms can apply till 11:59 pm on Saturday at Jermain.nta.nic.in.
- Bihar Board inter Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Saturday released the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website.
- BSEB Class 12th Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) will on Saturday release the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website seniorsecondary.biharboardonline.com.
- SSC CHSL Results: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam 2019 can check their results by visiting ssc.nic.in.
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Friday declared the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) tier 1 exam result 2019 and cutoff marks on its official website-ssc.nic.in.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended the deadline for re-registration for January 2021 session till January 31.