Three IIITs to open in Uttarakhand soon: Education minister
Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ during a meeting with Uttarakhand higher education minister Dhan Singh Rawat asked the state government to focus on women empowerment through education in the hilly areas.
Pokhriyal also announced that three Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research will soon be opened in Uttarakhand. The minister made the announcement during the meeting with Rawat in Delhi on Wednesday.
“We will soon open three IIITs in public-private partnership mode in Dehradun, Udham Singh Nagar and Haridwar. The state government should also give us suggestions for establishment of IISER in the state. The Ministry of Education will release grants for setting up these institutes at the earliest,” said Pokhriyal.
While discussing the Central government’s schemes for the empowerment of women, Pokhriyal also sought a proposal from Uttarakhand government to provide facilities in higher education for girls.
“In this proposal, the state government can give its three-four priorities keeping in view the Himalayan, backward and remote areas, where the central government will start higher education facilities for girls. Such projects can provide better solutions towards women empowerment in future,” said the Union education minister.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions through a prescribed format on or before February 28, 2021.
- After the correction window opens, candidates who have registered for the JEE Mains 2021 will be able to make corrections in their application forms online at jeemain.nta.nic.in on or before January 30, 2021.
- Candidates who have registered for the typing test can download their admit card online at gjust.ac.in.
- Candidates who have appeared in the recruitment examination can take a print out of the final answer key online at ssc.nic.in on or before February 24, 2021.
- Candidates who have qualified in the IBPS PO Prelims Exam can download their admit card for IBPS PO mains online at ibps.in on or before February 4, 2021.
- Candidates who have applied for admission can check the AP EAMCET second phase allotment result 2020 online at apeamcet.nic.in.
- Patnaik had launched the "Mo School" campaign in November 2017 in response to philanthropic interest from alumni of schools of Odisha, residing in India and abroad.
- Universities need to explore the uncharted path and innovative methods when it comes to pedagogy, and playing the role of facilitators in a student's journey of finding their goals and preparing them for their future.