Two students from IIM Trichy bag highest international stipend
Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli (IIM Trichy), completed its summer placements process of postgraduate programme in management (PGP) 2015-17 batch with a 71% increase in the stipend handed over to its students. All 102 students who participated in summer placement process this year, were successfully placed.
The highest international stipend offered for the internship period (which is generally for two to three months) is Rs 2.4 lakh, while the highest domestic stipend is Rs 1.6 lakh. The overall highest stipend recorded an increase of 71.4% this year as compared to previous year. The average stipend is Rs 51,000 which is a marked increase (of 13.3%) over the previous year, the institute said.
“About 3% of the batch have received the highest international stipend offers of Rs 2.4 lakh for job roles in research and analysis in securities and market research from companies in Europe and Middle East,” says Professor Abhishek Totawar, chairperson, placement and external relations, IIM Trichy.
About 2% of the students received highest domestic stipend of Rs 1.6 lakh. The overall highest stipend recorded an increase of 71.4% this year as compared to the previous year. The average stipend is Rs 51,000 which is a marked increase (of 13.3%) over the previous year.
About 51 companies cutting across sectors including BFSI, consulting, FMCG, IT/ITES, manufacturing, e-commerce, media and advertising, NGO participated in the summer placement process this year. At least 30% of the recruiters were from BFSI sector. As many as 45% of the job offers made to students were in sales and marketing domain. Other roles on offer included strategy, BFSI, consulting and analytics, sales and marketing, operations, HR and IT/ITeS.
Companies that participated in the placement process this year included World Bank, Dabur, HSBC, OgilvyOne, Deloitte, Mahindra, Kelloggs, Cognizant Business Consulting, ICICI Bank, Saint Gobain Glass, TAFE, Robert Bosch, L&T, FCB Ulka, Sulekha, YES Bank, Fidelity, RBS, TVS Motors, L&T and others.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission (HPSSC) on Wednesday, March 3 declared the result of written objective type screening test for recruitment of Medical Laboratory Technician (Grade-II)
- Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has issued a notification (advt. no. 03/2021) for recruitment of Child Development Project Officer (CDPO) under Social Welfare Department.
- Less than ten days after the University of Mumbai released a circular asking colleges to conduct exams for first year post graduate batches by March 10, the varsity released another circular postponing the deadline to March 30, giving colleges a breather.
- The Bihar government on Tuesday admitted in the state assembly that the enrolment of students in the government and government-aided schools had declined by 40 lakh in 2018-19 compared to 2014-15.
- The recruitment examinations include the West Bengal Civil Service exam, West Bengal Audit, and Accounts Service exam, and West Bengal Civil Service main exam 2020.