Vice President urges researchers to come up with innovations to solve farmers’ problems
Emphasising on the importance of agriculture in India, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu urged researchers and scientists to come up with innovations to address the problems faced by the farmers.
Speaking at a virtual meeting on Tuesday, Naidu said, “From providing timely information to farmers on various issues to creating cold storage facilities and supplying new technologies should be the focus of innovators and researchers.”
He also stressed the need for preventing farmer’s exploitation by middlemen and ensuring remunerative prices for their produce.
Naidu asked the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD) and agriculture universities to work in unison to bring new innovations and technologies to farmers, stated a press release by Press Information Bureau.
Stressing the need for India’s higher education system to play the role of an enabler and force-multiplier to drive Indian innovation and start-up ecosystem, the Vice President said “Innovation must become the heartbeat of education. Quest for excellence must become the norm,” added the release.
Meanwhile, Naidu virtually announced Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020.
Union Minister of Education, Ramesh Pokhriyal present at the event tweeted, “Under the visionary leadership of our Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji, India has taken several steps to ensure the culture of Innovation and Development all across the sectors.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Universities need to explore the uncharted path and innovative methods when it comes to pedagogy, and playing the role of facilitators in a student's journey of finding their goals and preparing them for their future.
- Ramola was selected for the award for his achievements in the field of art and culture. He has been conferred, according to him, with 19 international awards, 38 national awards, and over 70 state and district awards.
- According to the notification, candidates appearing for the ICAI CA January 2021 examinations at Central Public School, Jaldhari Chowk, Madhubani, Bihar, will now have to appear for the examinations at Central Public School at Gandhi Chowk, Madhubani.
- Candidates who have registered for the NIFT entrance exam 2021 can make corrections in their application forms online at nift.ac.in on or before January 28, 2021.
- Candidates can download the Assam Police SI PET/PST Admit Card from the official website of State Level Police Recruitment Board (SLPRB), Assam.
- Candidates who have appeared in the preliminary examination can check the UP Legislative Answer Key online at uplegisassemblyrecruitment.in.
- UP Board students reporting at their examination centres for practical exams to be held between February 3 and 22 will witness unprecedented steps aimed at keeping them safe from the pandemic.