Visva Bharati takes action against CMO of varsity hospital
Visva-Bharati university has initiated disciplinary proceedings against the chief medical officer of the Pearson Memorial Hospital, run by the central institute, taking away his administrative power while it asked another senior doctor to take over as the CMO in-charge.
The university authorities did not cite any reason for taking action against the CMO, Dr S S Debnath.
However, sources in the institute said that it was prompted by allegations that the CMO did not arrange for regular checking for COVID-19 symptoms among the employees since November 21, though he was instructed to do so.
The hospital, situated on the premises of the university, is entrusted with the responsibility of the treatment of its staff and students.
While Debnath will act as medical officer till the disposal of disciplinary proceedings against him, “Dr Arindam Chatterjee will take care of the administrative responsibility of P M Hospital and he will function as in-charge of Chief Medical Officer, P M Hospital in addition to his normal duties for the time being,” the university said in a notification on Tuesday.
Debnath was asked to immediately hand over charges to Chatterjee.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Less than ten days after the University of Mumbai released a circular asking colleges to conduct exams for first year post graduate batches by March 10, the varsity released another circular postponing the deadline to March 30, giving colleges a breather.
- The Bihar government on Tuesday admitted in the state assembly that the enrolment of students in the government and government-aided schools had declined by 40 lakh in 2018-19 compared to 2014-15.
- The recruitment examinations include the West Bengal Civil Service exam, West Bengal Audit, and Accounts Service exam, and West Bengal Civil Service main exam 2020.
- AIIMS INI CET July 2021 Session: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the INI-CET 2021 examination online at aiimsexams.org on or before March 31, 2021, until 5 pm.
- Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) has released the hall ticket or admit card for MPSC State Services Prelims exam 2020.
- UP Board, will conduct its class 10 (high school) and class 12 (intermediate) examinations-2021 at 729 additional centres spread across the state as compared to last year owing to the Covid pandemic.
- FCI Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at fci.gov.in on or before March 31, 2021, until 4 pm.
- PSTCL Recruitment 2021: After the application process begins, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at pstcl.org on or before March 26, 2021.