West Bengal board Class 10 results at a glance
The West Bengal Board Of Secondary Education (WBBSE) on Tuesday declared the results of Class 10 or Madhyamik examination. Students can view their result online through various websites.Board exams 2016 Updated: May 10, 2016 21:37 IST
The West Bengal Board Of Secondary Education (WBBSE) on Tuesday declared the results of Class 10 or Madhyamik examination. Students can view their result online through various websites.
Click hereto go directly to the login page.
Fill in the required details, like roll number and date of birth, and click on the submit button and the result will be displayed on the screen.
To know your result through SMS, you can type WB10, give space and write their 10-digit roll number and send it to any of the following numbers: 58888711, 52070, 54242, 56263, 5676750 and 56263.
West Bengal Madhyamik Result 2016
- Total No of candidates enrolled: 11,54,399
- Total No. of candidates increased from last year: 1,17,651
- Male : Female, Gender Ratio: 1000:1151
- Total No. of candidates appeared: 11,43,372
- Successful candidates: 9,27,453
- Pass percentage: 82.74%
- Pass percentage increased by: 0.08%
- Pass percentage of girls: 79.62%
- Pass percentage of boys: 86.34%
- Pass percentage of East Midnapore is highest – 93.10% followed by Kolkata – 90.62%
- Girl students outnumber boys – 104,519 more girls took the exam compared to boys
- No of exam centers and venues: 2753
- No of examiners: 53178
- No. of head examiners:1080
- No. of scrutinizers: 4890
- Compared to 2015 this year 38,736 more students have passed the exam
- Admission in class XI will not be a problem because the hike in pass percentage is negligible.
- This is the fourth year Madhyamik exam is being conducted only on class X syllabus.
- Merit list of top 10 rank holders consisting of 56 students published by the board.
- Result published in 89 days.
- Pass percentage of physically challenged students: 95.56%
- 30 candidates took the exam from 3 correctional homes. 29 passed
- 62,572 more Muslim girl students took the exam this year compared to boys from the community
- Madhyamik exam 2016 begins on February 22, 2015 and concludes on March 3, 2015.
DISTRICT WISE PASS PERCENTAGE:
- East Midnapore: 93.10%
- Kolkata: 90.62%
- South 24 Parganas: 89.46%
- North 24 Parganas: 88.35%
- West Midnapore: 85.81%
- Hooghly: 85.17%
- Howrah: 84.51%
- Malda: 82.76%
- Nadia: 79.22%
- Murshidabad: 77.78%
- Darjeeling: 77.68%
- Burdwan: 76.93%
- Purulia: 76.78%
- South Dinajpur: 74.86 %
- Bankura: 74.68%
- Cooch Behar: 73.98%
- Birbhum: 72.42%
- Alipurduar: 71.06%
- North Dinajpur: 69.41%
- Jalpaiguri: 67.80%
Subject wise total number of candidates securing ‘AA’ grade or between 90 and 100 marks:
- First Language: 10,718
- Second Language: 6,134
- Mathematics: 27,348
- Physical Science: 31,989
- Life Science: 54,584
- History: 5,910
- Geography: 12,803
HOW THE JAILBIRDS PERFORMED:
- 29 passed, out of 30 candidates took the exam from 3 correctional homes
- Alipore Central Jail: 3 Appeared and Passed
- Alipore Women’s Central Correctional Home: 1 Appeared and Passed
- Jalpaiguri Central Correctional Home: 26 Appeared and 25 Passed