Uttarakhand poll results: Here's how key candidates are performing
Uttarakhand Assembly election result 2022: Chief minister Pushkar Singh Dhami and Congress leader Harish Rawat are trailing, according to current data available with the EC
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) secured a comfortable lead in Uttarakhand on Thursday with its candidates ahead in 48 assembly seats, while the main opposition Congress was ahead in 18 seats, according to poll trends available.
Full list of winners, leading candidates
Here’s how key candidates are performing, according to current trends.
1) Harish Rawat – Congress’ campaign committee head and former chief minister is trailing with 28,780 votes against BJP’s Mohan Singh Bisht, who has 46,307 votes in his kitty so far. Rawat contested from Lalkuwa seat.
2) Pushkar Singh Dhami – Incumbent chief minister, who contested from Khatima, lost by over 6,900 votes. With 41,598 votes in his the kitty, Dhami lost to Congress leader Bhuwan Chandra Kapri (48,177 votes).
3) Madan Kaushik - State BJP president contesting from Hardwar polled 17,467 votes. His nearest rival Satpal Bhahamchari from the Congress has 16,054 votes.
4) Satpal Maharaj – Cabinet minister, contesting from Chaubattakhal in Pauri, has polled 7,679 votes. Congress candidate Keshar Singh bagged 4,691 votes.
5) Anupama Rawat – Harish Rawat’s daughter, who contested from Haridwar Rural, is leading with 47,181 votes against BJP’s Yatishwaranand (41,198 votes).
6) Sumit Hridayesh – Son of senior Congress leader late Indira Hridayesh, contesting from Haldwani seat, is leading with 39,937 votes. BJP’s Jogender Pal Singh Rautela has polled 28,550 votes so far.
7) Pritam Singh – Leader of Opposition and Congress leader from Chakrata seat in Dehradun district is ahead with 16,157 votes against BJP’s Ram Sharan Nautiyal (9,500 votes).
8) Yashpal Arya – Former cabinet minister who left the BJP and joined Congress is leading with 38,198 from Bajpur seat. BJP’s Rajesh Kumar has 37,094 votes.
9) Col (Retd) Ajay Kothiyal – AAP’s chief ministerial candidate from Gangotri seat has managed to bag 3,038 votes. BJP’s Suresh Singh Chauhan has polled 16,176 votes here.
10) Kishore Upadhyay – Former Congress state president, who joined BJP and was given ticket from Tehri, bagged 11,284 votes. Congress’ Dhan Singh Negi bagged 2,895 votes.