Inside Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal wedding: Groom’s entry on a bike to jaimala ceremony
Fresh photos from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal’s intimate Alibaug wedding have surfaced online. The couple, who were in a relationship for several years, got married at The Mansion House in the presence of close friends and family members.
Varun chose to not go the traditional route and entered the wedding venue on a bike, instead of a mare. Another picture showed him hoisted on the shoulders of his friends and family members, as Natasha tried to put the jaimala around his neck.
Earlier, Manish Malhotra talked about the jaimala ceremony in an Instagram post. He said that attending the wedding was a warm and emotional experience: “the way you’ll looked at each other at the varmala was a very beautiful and heart felt moment”.
Due to the Covid-19 protocols, Varun and Natasha’s wedding was a close-knit affair, with only 40-50 guests in attendance. Karan Johar, who launched him in Bollywood, was among the few from the film fraternity on the guest list.
Introducing Natasha as his wife, Varun shared pictures from the wedding on Instagram. “Life long love just became official,” he wrote. He also shared photos from his haldi and mehendi ceremonies. They reportedly had a roka ceremony in February last year, pictures from which are doing the rounds online.
Reports suggest that Varun and Natasha will host a lavish reception in Mumbai for their friends and members of the film fraternity on February 2. However, his uncle Anil Dhawan denied the news in an interview.
On Wednesday, Varun thanked fans for giving him and Natasha so much love. “The last few days me and natasha have received so much love and positivity from everyone so just wanted to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart," he wrote on Twitter.
Varun, who went to school with Natasha, has known her since the sixth grade. While he felt like he ‘fell in love with her’ at first sight, she ‘rejected’ him a few times before they eventually started dating in their 20s.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.